Miniature hand knitted scarf on Christmas card



Hello again! 
Today is the day! It's Christmas day! When people are busy celebrating Christmas and enjoying their holidays, here I am writing about my second Christmas card design for 2017. This is a card made for a dear friend of mine. I planned to post it before Christmas just like the other card I made, but unfortunately, it had to be postponed. Boohooohooo!! So sad!

I made something for my friend and I plan to post it along with this card. Until that gift is ready, I can't post it yet. So I'm pretty stressed out here trying my level best to get it done before the year is over. It could be a new year's gift as well, so I'm working as fast as I could to get it all done on time. 


I really enjoyed making this miniature scarf for the card. It's just so cute. I think I made so many of them in the beginning when I was experimenting with the measurements. I had to make sure they would fit nicely on the card. In the end, I think I made it  a bit too long for the card. To be honest, it took me longer to make the scarf compared to making the miniature sweater. Next time I'll make the scarf shorter. Lesson learned! LOL! Since it's for a Christmas card, I used a dark green and red yarn for the scarf. It's a lot harder to knit with such a small yarn but with lots of practice, it gets easier.

One thing for sure.....knitting takes such a LONG time to finish. It takes FOREVER!! hahahah!! So although the design is simple, it sure is time consuming. Since I myself am just a beginner, it takes much longer to get the job done compared to experts hahaha.


As always, every time I want to write the sentiment on the card, I will use my Speedball calligraphy pen and my favourite ink from Dr Ph Martin. I just love how smooth the ink is. Although my writing is not that great, somehow the pen makes it look good...LOL!! Believe me, the pen sure do wonders! Come to think of it, I need to get more colours for the ink. I keep using the same gold colour for my cards, over and over again. 



I really love the knitting needles that I made for knitting the scarf. Especially because of the heart shape beads that I used for them. I don't have a lot of them in my collection. Just a few left! I bought them years ago when I was staying in Kuala Lumpur. I see a lot of people who makes miniature knitted scarf for cards would use round beads like the ones I used for the miniature hand knitted sweaters. But for this one I just had to use the heart shape ones, for a couple of reasons. One because they match the colour of the scarf and second because the person who is receiving it loves hearts so much. ❤❤❤


7 comments:

Christine said...

Love it
Xx

Azlina Abdul said...

Thank you so much Christine! ;) Hugs!

HeNRieTTa JoSe said...

i always adore ur creativity...nice handwriting kak lin...i love the gold color...

Azlina Abdul said...

Henrietta Jose.....thank you so much for your lovely comments. I truly appreciate it a lot ;). I love that gold ink too dear.

Eva E. Murphy said...

Oh my God! These are so pretty. I appreciate the efforts you make to create such type of stuff. Honestly speaking, I am also very interested in creating such types of handmade products, but due to some academic tasks, I got damn busy even I needed someone who can Do My Essay For Me at an affordable price.

EnglishJackets said...

This is a jacket made from 100% pure leather. It is known as paneled biker leather. The jacket consists of a side zipper closure. Stylish accessories are available with this jacket so they give a unique touch to the jacket.

Trek New York Faux Leather Jacket
Sebastian Stan Green Leather Jacket
Glee Cheerios Cheerleading Jacket
Goku Drip Puffer Jacket
Polar Vivian Red Trench Coat
Harry Styles Grammys 2021 Leather Jacket

alfitracomputersseo said...

A hub, or centralised system, issues commands to every linked device, such as turning on inside lights at a certain time or adjusting your thermostat before you get home. All but a few home automation systems have a Hub connection. You can build an automated or connected home by including electrical devices that can be managed by the control hub of your home. Home Automation Company in Dubai

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...