Cherry blossom tri shutter card

TOY003

I was playing around with one of the the free origami paper I received from Wholeport the other day and I thought of cutting them up this way using the die cut machine and pasting them all over the tri shutter card. I've never done something like this before and I find it quite amusing :D. 

I wanted the tri shutter card to look like as if the card itself was originally with patterns even though it was not.....it's just a plain white cardstock. But now it is heavily embellished with pattern paper all over it. It looks a bit messy with the pattern paper all over it, which is not usually my style but I still gave it a try to see how it would look like in the end.

The yellowish scallop circles are for writing on personal wishes. I purposely made them in different sizes hehe.....so the personal wishes can be written in different sections of the card. :)

The pop up hearts I pasted at two different sections in the card is something I am excited about. I've never done it this way before.....usually I only make the heart pop in one section. It's new for me and I'm getting a few more ideas for new tri shutter cards to be done in a similar way.

Another thing I love about this design is the tiny cherry blossoms! I love embossing them this way and arranging them this way. It's simple and yet so cute because of their small size! hehe! I love making them! They suit the pattern paper a lot ;) You can view how the tri shutter card opens up and pops the hearts inside it at the video I prepared below....do check it out :).


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice....it's beautiful. Keep up the great work Lin :)

Sonia said...

Fabulous card Lin,gorgeous papers and details^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

chillin with Quillin said...

beautiful card, like this style of card, like the added flowers and hearts !!!!
Paula

KhushiG said...

Even thought this is not your style... this is a gorgeous card... I am amzed by the beauty of it... The punched flowers embosed are the one's that are beautifying the pattern paper. You are inspiring me to start crafting again... I wish I had time to do so... All the best for your future creative designs!!

Hanis said...

kat mn beli stand tuh?

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...