Pink and white rose tri shutter card

HB109

After so long of not designing cards due to my ill health, it feels great being able to do so now. And even better when I get to try something new for myself this year. I'm happy that finally I can post a card design here today on the first day of the year, yay!!

I've always loved making tri shutter cards but something about making them sometimes stops me from making more. Probably because I am not comfortable decorating the front view of the card with less space on it. So I opted to make the full front type of tri shutter card instead. Besides the reason that I could also make use of the pop up part inside it when I make them this way. Since I love making pop up so much, so it was a win win thing for me. I'm definitely more comfortable making them this way.

I also love the fact that this year I get to use some die cut patterns I made using the die cut machine. It's something new for me to try out and I gotta say it's really an awesome experience. I really loved it a lot. I hope to make more craft products using the die cut patterns. I don't have a lot though since I'm just a beginner....plus it's pretty darn expensive to buy.....so I'm collecting them bit by bit hehehe.

I can only make about 4-5 of this design because of the pattern paper I used for this card was given to me by my dear friend and I don't have a lot of it.....hehehe....perhaps I can find a substitute pattern paper for it someday that would suit the design. I really love making those cute rose felt flowers and the pop up inside the card. The white space area on the right and left side of the card is for writing personal wishes.

You can view more of the card at the video below:

4 comments:

Sonia said...

Fabulous card ^_^
Many lovely details ^_^
Happy new year^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

chillin with Quillin said...

gorgeous card, never thought to use felt for the flowers, awesome!!!
Happy New Year to you and yours!!!
Paula

Unknown said...

I love this card so much! It's really pretty. Happy 2013 new year!

Christine said...

Very creative idea. The card looks absolutely gorgeous.
http://ajourneyintoquilling.blogspot.com

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...