Quilled Sunflower photo frame

QF005

I got a request from a customer who wished for me to make a quilled sunflower photo frame for her dear Mother who happens to LOVE Sunflowers A LOT! hehe! At first I was a bit reluctant to take this order since I've never done any Sunflower arrangement before on cards or photo frames.....I was a little afraid of what the outcome would be like. I don't have any special quilled Sunflower pattern....just a simple one except that this time I thought of giving it a little different touch to the flower  here and there.

I used to make the middle part of the sunflower black in colour but this time I decided to use dark chocolate paper strips instead......and the yellow ochre quilling strips that I used to make the petals were given some orange ink shade to it to make it a little different from what I've done before.

It's the first time for me to make quilled leaves that is big and rounded like that.....using 3 marquis shaped quilling shape and joined them together to form the shape of a big rounded shaped leave.....I was trying to make a leaf that looks like a sunflower leaf......hehehe :D

But what I love the most about this quilled sunflower frame is the LADYBUGS!!! I just love them! I found a tutorial in Pinterest on how to make them last May and I immediately gave it a try. I made a few of them but never got a chance to use them on my artwork until now. At the time I learned how to make them, I didn't have a special craft punch to make those tiny little dots on the ladybugs. But I managed to get the craft punch  later on and was able to glue those tiny dots on them just like how the tutorial showed. It's not that difficult to make either. I definitely love making this pattern more than the usual quilled ladybugs pattern I've made before. <3

Have a look at the video I made of the quilled sunflower frame below....get a closer look at it :)



20 comments:

Mama Zharfan said...

it's superb!! if only i could make the same order from u...let me know whenever u are ready/have time to accept new order--i betul2 fall in love with the photo frame as i do collect them :)

Pritesh Dagur said...

Such a lovely cheerful frame Noor! :)

Sonia said...

Lin you are a fantastic creative^_^
This creation is stunning,amazzingly fabulous:)
Big hug,
Sonia

ARTiMAGINE said...

Hey,

I love the lady bugs...they are super cute...they look very real...

the leaves are also gorgeous...overall the frame has come out dam neat..

Jyoti Agrawal said...

Wow!! That's So cute. Ladybugs are just perfect.Very charming frame.

Jyoti Agrawal said...

Wow That's so cute. Lovely effect of two tones on flowers. Perfect ladybirds .A very charming frame.

Azlina Abdul said...

Thank you so so so so much ladies! I really appreciate all your lovely comments. I'm happy that you all love the quilled sunflower photo frame as much as I do.

Hugs and love to all,
Lin <3

eiela said...

cantik sangat.. ladybird tuh comel gila.

Hanis said...

cantiknya. nak belajaq jugok wat frame.. heee..

WhiteRacoon said...

very cute! sunny and colorful!

Crafty Diva's said...

Lin..

gojes la frame ni..cheerfull sunflower!

lavina agarwal said...

this is such a gorgeous frame..love the ladybugs!

Sujana Sarath said...

lovely frame!! i like sunflowers very much!!! beautiful!!

Mary said...

A brilliant job! I like your sunflowers and lady bugs very much!

MiSsJue said...

sangat cantik!!

Blumensol said...

Very nice!!

බට්ටි said...

so nice dear.ur super
i make this photo frame.than you thank you so much dera friend.i am new member your blog.i have lot of questions as 4 u.but my english not good.i am in sri lanka.

Azlina Abdul said...

Thank you so much everyone for all the lovely comments for this sunflower frame....truly appreciate it very much!;)


For those who would like to ask questions...do email me at inaabdul_21@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful frame..cheers..!!

http://paperquillingmania.blogspot.in

Kasia Wojtasik said...

I like it so much!

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...