Quilling comb



This is what I've been playing with since yesterday! A quilling comb! I've just received this quilling comb yesterday afternoon and been playing with it ever since.....I'm totally addicted to it now haha! It's so much fun! I didn't realise how easy it was to use it :D.

I've been wanting to try out this technique for quite a while now but never really had the chance. I decided to order it one day and I'm so glad I did! I know that I can actually do this technique using a normal hair comb but I thought that this quilling comb is so much easier to handle and furthermore it has numbers on it that makes it easier for me to make the patterns in standard sizes. 

Here are some of the experiments I did yesterday and today. Check out the different patterns of flowers and leaves and also the butterflies I made using this technique. You can also make wings for angels and birds and dragonflies with it and many more! All up to our own creativity! You can also combine this combing technique with the looping technique and the coiling technique! :D





14 comments:

Gabi said...

Krásna práca-beautiful work:) Gabi

:: Dhiya :: said...

wah awesome! akak ada jual ke?

chillin with Quillin said...

awsome work!!!!!!

Mihaela said...

Great work, flowers and butterfly looks lovely!!!

eiela said...

cantik.. saya suka dengan kerja akak, kemas.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Congrats on your new toy Lin and such beautiful gorgeous creations you have made using it

Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Jovi said...

looking at ur pics I am tempted to buy one just now... lovely!!!

Azlina Abdul said...

Thank you everyone for the lovely comments! I'm glad you all like the new designs :).

Yes, I am selling the quilling comb now. Do contact me at inaabdul_21@yahoo.com for orders ;). Thanks!

mangosteenskin said...

great finding lin! happy for you :)

lulu_ma said...

lovely! love the colours as well as the simplicity in the design.

Azlina Abdul said...

Thank you so much Mango! ;)

Thank you so much Lulu ma....glad you love it! ;)

cridiana said...

Wow, this is so interesting!
Your models are so beautiful and I was wandering how do you make them and now I see. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

OMG!! every work so awesome.... im new to paper craft... me too like to do quilling flowers but don't know how to start... Im confused cox of types of papers.... Can any one tell me which type of paper for makes quilling flowers and cards...

Azlina Abdul said...

For quilling I just use normal printing paper which I shred using a mini paper shredder.....for the cards, I use paper that are thick like 230gsm or so would be suitable.

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...